Wednesday, May 11, 2011

checking the numbers

Although it's better if you sync your armband every day, I don't always.  Monday, I took it off when I took a shower and forgot to put it back on until I went to bed.  Consequently it shows little activity or steps for that day. This was unfortunate because I actually had been very active that day, and gone to Costco to shop.  I don't buy as much as we used to there, but I found out they have my favorite Greek yogurt there.  Chobani yogurt with fruit at the bottom.  It's Zero fat, and has 14 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbs and only 140 calories.  I love the high protein levels and it uses natural ingredients. I really dislike artificial sweeteners, although I use Stevia from time to time.
 I always find something to buy there I didn't go with intention the intention to purchase.  Doesn't everyone?  This wasn't a food item though, it was jammies.  I like them so much I want to go back.  If you go to Costco do you find it a challenge to wade through the samples?  I've really got it down to 2 mind sets.  1- only taste what you think you would buy, for reals.  2- are you there for the free Costco lunch?  This is when you go and you hit many of the samples because your hungry- this is dangerous.  I did this  Monday but mind set 1 kept coming through.  So after 1/4 of a chicken burger on the Arnold's thinwhiches, 2 oz of orange juice to wash it down, and a half of one of those bonbelle mini bells on a delicious whole wheat cracker I was done. I didn't buy any of those products, at this time.  The chicken burger was delicious surprisingly.  I'm trying to cut down on cheese in general but still do buy those when the family is home. OJ is delivered by the milk man.  So after getting my yogurt, a pineapple, and a turkey loin I was done in the food department.  Then off to the vitamins- fish oil, vitamin D, and vitamin c packets that fizz in water.
 Mr G is out of town, he's been gone 2 weeks, and looks like another is on the way.  It makes it difficult to make full meals.  I have my artichokes, and asparagus that I love steamed and grilled lightly. And Cherry tomatoes and baby carrots.  I then resort to things like individual servings of Tribe hummus- love that stuff, or cottage cheese, or yogurt.  I go out a few times with friends during the week so I look at getting meat dishes then .
Have a healthy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment