Friday, December 30, 2011

almost the end of the 2011.

Resolutions or challenges?
So its almost the end of 2011.  I don't make resolutions, because I don't want to disappoint myself if I forget or worse its something that I really wanted to do, but fail.  I mean resolutions in theory are something you do over the year right? While a challenge is a short term type of thing.

This year I've opted to do a challenge. 30 days of hot yoga.  Even if I'm  unable to do 30 classes, I feel its a worthy challenge and one that will benefit me regardless of how many classes I'm able to get to. In past years I've done things such as 5k St Patty's day, or multiple 5 K's over the year. All of which I achieved.  This being a daily will be a bit harder to work the timing with all the other things in my life.
So perhaps making a challenge will help you start the new year off right. Here are some ideas in case you're have trouble thinking of one or two.
1) adding 1 exercise class a week for the month and making sure you attend.
2) taking 5 - 20 minute walks every week for 1 month.
3) try doing water walking 2 days a week if you have trouble with walking on pavement.
4) make one meal a week fish if you are not regularly eating fish,
5) Start each dinner with a small cup of vegetable soup or broth, to help fill your stomach and reduce evening calories.
6) pre- plan your dinner menus for 2 weeks, so you can eat healthier.
There's a ton of ideas that may be appropriate for you. These are just a few that came to mind.  For more ideas to a healthier you, you might check out this page from Oprahs magazine last year her feel good challenge-  http://www.oprah.com/health/January-2011-Feel-Good-Challenge-O-Magazine/2
so whether its a challenge or a resolution you make, think a bit ahead for a healthier new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment